Friendship is one of the most important keys to happiness, and on top of that, the bible tells us it can bring you closer to God. We’ve brought you 7 great bible verses about friendship. We hope these verses help you celebrate your friendships, remind you of the importance of keeping good company, and be selective in who you choose to be friends with.
Bible Verses About Friendship
- Proverbs 17:17
- A friend loves at all times.
- Romans 12:10
- Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
- Proverbs 27:17
- As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
- Proverbs 11:14
- Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in abundance of counselors there is safety.
- Proverbs 22:24-25
- Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared.
- Job 2:11
- When Job’s three friends, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite, heard about all the troubles that had come upon him, they set out from their homes and met together by agreement to go and sympathize with him and comfort him.
- Kings 2:2
Elijah said to Elisha, “Stay here; the Lord has sent me to Bethel. But Elisha said, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So they went down to Bethel.
Choose your friends wisely and keep them close! A good friend will bring you closer to God, while a bad friend may cause you to stray and lead you to unhappiness.
We hope these bible verses about friendship helped you out today. Share with your friends to remind them how much you mean to each other! Friendship is such an important piece of our lives so we will likely write another article on it soon. Let us know if you have any favorite verses about friendship that we should include.