Anger is one of the most common and difficult emotions to deal with. Luckily, there are many great bible verses about anger to give us some perspective. There are numerous bible verses about anger but we didn’t want to overwhelm you, so we just brought you our favorite five to help you through the day.
5 Bible Verses About Anger
- Psalms 37:8
- Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
- Proverbs 29:22
- A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.
- James 1:19-20
- My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.
- Proverbs 30:33
- For as churning cream produces butter, and as twisting the nose produces blood, so stirring up anger produces strife.”
- Genesis 4:5-8
- But on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast. Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.” While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.
As you can see, the bible pushes you to give up your anger and be content. We hope these bible verses about anger help you move on in your struggles and come closer to God. There are so many great verses on anger we’ll likely have to post another list soon. Let us know if you have a verse you’d like to see on that list!
Share with your friends, you never know who could use some wisdom to deal with their anger today or tomorrow.