One of the most familiar bible verses about being single is found in Genesis 2:18: “Then the Lord God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.'” For those of us who are single, this can be a discouraging verse to read. However, throughout the Bible, there are several positive verses about the benefits of being single. Here is a list of encouraging bible verses about being single.
5 Bible Verses About Being Single
1. 1 Corinthians 7:32-33 I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— and his interests are divided.
2. Proverbs 21:19 Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife.
3. 1 Corinthians 7:7 Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me—a simpler life in many ways! But celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others.
4. Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband- the Lord Almighty is his name— the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.
5. Song of Solomon 3:5 Swear to me, young women of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or by the does of the field, that you won’t awaken or arouse love before its proper time!
The bible verses included highlight this benefit of being single: avoiding the difficulties that sometimes come with pleasing a spouse can leave you with more time and energy to spend on your relationship with God. And in Song of Solomon, we read that we should not “awaken love until the proper time.” Whether or not it is in God’s perfect plan for you to be single, take comfort that God has a plan for your life. We hope these bible verses about being single will bring you peace.