Children can be both the most rewarding and most frustrating aspects of our lives. As with all important parts of our lives, we look for bible verses about Children to help guide us in everyday life. Children can be loving, inquisitive, and funny. Children can also be mean, ignorant, loud, and hurtful. So how do we live through both the good and the bad? Check out these 6 bible verses about children that we’ve been using in our lives.
6 Bible Verses About Children
- Psalm 127:3-5
- Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
- Proverbs 22:6
- Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
- Isaiah 54:14
- All your children will be taught by the Lord, and great will be their peace.
- Proverbs 23:13-14
- Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish them with the rod, they will not die. Punish them with the rod and save them from death.
- Colossians 3:21
- Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.
- James 1:17
- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
There are many more bible verses about children but we feel that these 6 cover the key points the bible tells us about children. The three key themes we find in these verses are listed below.
Bible Themes About Children
- Children are extremely important to God, through them we spread the word and deeds of Christianity.
- It’s important that we impart our knowledge of God onto our children and discipline them so that they become contributing members of Christianity.
- Don’t be too hard on your children! They are glorious gifts from God meant to bring joy, allow them some enjoyment so that they can be happy Christians.
Let us know if you have other bible verses about children that you’d like to see added to this list!